About Circle K
We know that you can work anywhere. However, working at Circle K is the start of something great!
Join a global family of 130,000 people in over 16,000 stores and 25 countries to make our customers lives a little bit easier every day. We set ourselves apart by our culture of pride: pride in our people and their development, pride in serving others, what we've built and what we are striving to achieve. No matter where you come from or where you are heading in your career, there is a place for you to grow at Circle K. When you grow, we grow - together.
Successfully manage a region of Market Managers which is pivotal to growing sales and profits in individual markets and business units. This individual oversees the efficient and profitable operation of approximately 100 stores, and the effective execution of company directed programs, promotions and marketing initiatives.
- Oversee the effective execution of company directed programs, promotions and marketing initiatives.
- Reviews merchandise sales, and profit margins in all key categories, merchandise shortages, cash over/short reports, repair and maintenance expenses, supply expenses, etc.
- Achieves financial objectives by preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions. Allocates program costs by preparing operational and risk reports for analysis.
- Determines marketing strategy changes by reviewing operating and financial statements and sales activity.
- Maintains stores by conducting inspections to ensure the facility is clean and in good repair; evaluate inventory levels, merchandising; audits paperwork and reports.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing determined Financial and Key Result Area targets pursuant to Company plan guidelines.
- Actively participate in recruitment of store operators.
- Oversee Market Managers monitoring and confirming banking and other financial information at the store level.
- Coach, mentor and follow up with Market Managers minimizing loss prevention in all stores through enforcement and training.
- Manage costs and direct performance at franchised QSR locations. Operational compliance with franchise quidelines.
- Store operations, housekeeping, stock levels, and enforce corporate policies and directives.
- Monitor and enforce sales, competitive pricing, and promotional programs.
- Execution of all security, mystery shop, health and safety programs.
- Ensure company standards are maintained at each site and that government legislation such as Health and Safety and WSIB are followed.
- P&L, CTO responsibilities, top line sales achievement.
- Communicate all required information and reporting to proper channels.
- Inventory control, levels, turns and theft investigation.
- Oversee contacts and control outside services.
- Follow merchandising programs, store sets, and participating in store renovations.
- Conduct regional meetings, pass along directives, enhance training and share information among Market Managers.
- Prepare business plan for the region
- Collaborating with suppliers to ensure proper supply commitment
- Analyze period P&L statements and prepare appropriate action plans for a team of Market Managers
- Maintains staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting and training employees. Increases employee's effectiveness by communicating job expectations; coaching, counseling and disciplining; communicating values, strategies and objectives; planning, monitoring and appraising job results; fostering a climate conducive for offering information and opinions; developing personal growth opportunities.
- Conducting regular store visits to ensure that Market Managers are enforcing company guidelines
- Preparing and executing yearly performance reviews
- Monitoring store level reports i.e. inventory levels, deposits, scanning to ensure the protection of company assets
- Participate in the design of new stores or the re-design of existing stores
Couche-Tard / Circle K values diversity in the workplace and is committed to employment equity by encouraging applications from the following designated groups: women, aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
- Bachelor's degree in business or related field preferred. Other combinations of experience and education that meet the minimum requirements may be substituted.
- Five years (or more) of experience working in the convenience store/gasoline industry is preferred; including minimum of 5 years of management responsibility.
- Strong people leadership aptitude, able to develop team members and drive engagement.
- Expertise in MS Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Word preferred.
- Requires a minimum of 50% travel on an annual basis.