Skills necessary to be successful in this position are to
- Have a working reality based knowledge of Retail Operations.
- Have a history of identifying things that don't make sense or could be done in a simpler fashion with similar or better results.
- Ability to admit you don't have all the answers and willingness to listen and learn from anyone regardless of position/title in the company.
- Ability to think conceptually and to piece together solutions that may not exist today to solve a problem.
- Possess a curious mind, why are things the way they are?
- You will need to be able to negotiate multiple projects successfully at the same time.
- You will need to interact with project teams from across the globe providing great experience and opportunity to contribute on a global scale.
- You will occasionally be presenting to the Executive Leadership Teams for one of the world's largest convenience store operators.
- Stand in the shoes of the Operations Team in the field to determine if solutions are applicable.
- Have a history and references to support the qualities mentioned above.
- Collaborate and Support with other NA OPEX Team members with their responsibilities outside of these focus areas.
- This position is targeted to lead projects involving how operations will utilize our new global survey and help desk systems, including store level inspections and reporting.
- Additional projects will be added and learned on the job through deep immersion with subject matter experts to enable you to lead going forward.
- It will be beneficial to become knowledgeable in Machine Learning from the applications perspective, that can be learned on the job
- Identify new opportunities within operations and initiate a project profile of benefits
- Strong retail operations experience with working knowledge of store level processes/procedures.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite ( Excel, PowerPoint, and Skype & Word).
- Must have a strong understanding of how to use technology tools including smart phones, tablets and laptops.
- Able to lead a large diverse team (committees) on very large projects.
- Must be able to travel as needed. Including local and across North America.
- Must possess a Driver's License and the ability to drive to multiple store locations
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business, or related field and/or 3-5 years of transferable business experience.
- Bonus to have a good working knowledge of PDI Enterprise software including Focal Point, Store level PDI Store Assistant and POS systems,
- General supply chain knowledge & understanding.
- Must possess strong analytical skills, the ability to manage multiple tasks, and strong attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Candidate Must maintain a positive team attitude and professional demeanor at all times.
- Must be able to perform the essential duties and responsibilities as described above.
- Position is located in Columbus Indiana
- The physical requirements described here are examples of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be considered that might assist those individuals with disabilities to perform the essential task and duties.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk and/or hear. The employee frequently is required to use his/her hands to handle or grasp items of varying weight. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with both hands and arms.
Circle K is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Reasonable accommodations will be considered that might assist those individuals with disabilities to perform the essential tasks and functions of their job.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate at a normal range.
- The lighting will include natural light from the outside as well as fluorescent lighting throughout the work areas.
- THE ABOVE STATEMENTS REFLECT THE GENERAL QUALIFICATIONS / DUTIES AND /OR RESPONSIBILITIES NECESSARY TO IDENTIFY THE JOB AND ARE NOT NECESSARILY INTENDED TO SET FORTH ALL OF THE SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS OF THE JOB.
- NOTE: This Job Description may change periodically as required by business necessity, with or without advance notice to employees.
The Company complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (the ADA) and all state and local disability laws. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to a reasonable accommodation under the terms of the ADA and certain state or local laws as long as it does not impose an undue hardship on the Company. Please inform the Company's Human Resources Representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.
Click below to review information about our company's use of the federal E-Verify program to check work eligibility: