ABM (NYSE: ABM) is a leading provider of facility solutions with revenues of approximately $6.4 billion and over 130,000 employees in 300+ offices deployed throughout the United States and various international locations. ABM's comprehensive capabilities include electrical & lighting, energy solutions, facilities engineering, HVAC & mechanical, janitorial, landscape & turf, mission critical solutions and parking, provided through stand-alone or integrated solutions. Founded in 1909, ABM provides custom facility solutions in urban, suburban and rural areas to properties of all sizes - from schools and commercial buildings to hospitals, data centers, manufacturing plants and airports.
High School or GED
Job Type/ FLSA Status
First Shift (Day)
Provides a variety of Janitorial and event planning functions with a focus on managing a team and working closely with our client/customer at their location. Responsible for the day-to-day operation and administrative activities to ensure conformance to contract requirements. Develops and implements cost control measures and level of service standards to ensure compliance with customer specifications / contract requirements for assigned building. Oversees inspections, quality control measures, and the inventory control of equipment and supplies for the assigned building.
- Coordinate on site events, evaluate layout of floor plans and manage how events will be set up and ran.
- Be physically involved in event set up, moving/carrying chairs, tables, etc.
- Ensure that services are performed as contracted and at the intended profit margins.
- Control supplies, equipment, and personnel necessary to meet customer specifications.
- Interact with customers daily to obtain feedback on services and special needs.
- Troubleshoot potential problems and concerns.
- Manage the company's quality control monitoring and safety programs at the assigned buildings.
- Conduct quality of service inspections at assigned buildings.
- Attend ABM training workshops when scheduled.
- Look for ways to provide additional or periodic services to the customers.
- Ensure compliance with company policies and procedures and all federal, state, and local government regulations.
- Ensure that all paperwork, including terminations, labor variance action plans, and operational model is complete and accurate and is submitted to the district/hub in a timely manner.
- Analyze and manage, in a proactive manner, both the financial and the operational performance of the assigned buildings.
- Ensure that payroll is accurate and submitted to the appropriate payroll personnel in a timely manner and, when applicable, correct any payroll discrepancies.
- Work with Manager or District Manager to develop an action plan for all invoices that are outside of the contractual parameters.
- Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of personnel within the assigned building.
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the company's policies and applicable laws.
- Directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints, resolving problems, and terminating employees with oversight from Manager or District Manager.
- High School or GED Equivalent.
- 3-5 years of Janitorial experience.
- Primarily day time hours, must have weekend and evening availability on occasion.
- Have a working knowledge of OSHA safety regulations and chemical handling/storage procedures.
- Excellent communication skills. Must be able to write reports and business correspondence and effectively present information and respond to questions from managers and customers.
- Strong Microsoft Office suite skills specifically excel preferred.
- Previous experience in a union environment or working knowledge of unions a plus.
Buffalo, MN 55313 US (Primary)
ABM is an EOE (M/F/Vet/Disability/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation)
California Consumers Notice http://www.abm.com/californiaprivacy