ABM (NYSE: ABM) is a leading provider of facility solutions with revenues of approximately $6.4 billion and over 130,000 employees in 300+ offices deployed throughout the United States and various international locations. ABM's comprehensive capabilities include electrical & lighting, energy solutions, facilities engineering, HVAC & mechanical, janitorial, landscape & turf, mission critical solutions and parking, provided through stand-alone or integrated solutions. Founded in 1909, ABM provides custom facility solutions in urban, suburban and rural areas to properties of all sizes - from schools and commercial buildings to hospitals, data centers, manufacturing plants and airports.
High School or GED
Job Type/ FLSA Status
A Supervisor, as member of the General Manager's Staff, is charged with the responsibility of organizing and directing subordinate personnel in all aspects of required procedures and standards necessary to maintain a professional, first class, day-to-day operation. The following is a list of major duties to be performed by the Supervisor:
• Maintain close liaison with the General Manager on all aspects of the operation, on a daily basis, advising of any problems encountered or anticipated which should be discussed and resolved.
• Responsible in matters normally requiring the decision of the General Manager, to act on his/her behalf should he/she be absent or unavailable. Such actions are to be documented, outlining the incident or subject and the resolution of the problem.
• Monitor and review on a daily basis all required logs, for completeness and accuracy, assuring that proper accumulation of permanent records is maintained.
• Maintain close liaison with Maintenance Technicians on day-to-day equipment problems and assure cooperation of ABM Parking Services personnel with regard to equipment malfunctions.
• Monitor and review shift schedules to ascertain that staffing requirements are being maintained and overtime demands are kept minimal.
• Evaluate the progress of employees within the trainee probationary periods, advising them of areas needing improvement before permanent status can be assigned.
• In conjunction with job performance information, and the utilization of payroll and cashier records, evaluate the progress of employees. Provide additional training when necessary and counsel those with poor attendance records. For future review, provide a copy of written warnings for individual personnel files.
• Prepare and maintain schedules to ensure maximum utilization of available personnel. Contemplated changes of shift assignments are to be discussed and mutually agreed upon with the Manager prior to the initiation of such change.
• Conduct preliminary investigation on any customer complaint.
• Conduct preliminary investigation on all matters of discipline.
• Be familiar with and enforce all policies set forth by the Aviation Department and ABM Parking Services.
• Review daily attendance reports.
• Prepare a monthly ticket inventory.
• Remove abandoned vehicles from the airport facility.
Palm Springs, CA 92262 US (Primary)
ABM is an EOE (M/F/Vet/Disability/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation)
California Consumers Notice http://www.abm.com/californiaprivacy