ABM (NYSE: ABM) is a leading provider of facility solutions with revenues of approximately $6.4 billion and over 130,000 employees in 300+ offices deployed throughout the United States and various international locations. ABM's comprehensive capabilities include electrical & lighting, energy solutions, facilities engineering, HVAC & mechanical, janitorial, landscape & turf, mission critical solutions and parking, provided through stand-alone or integrated solutions. Founded in 1909, ABM provides custom facility solutions in urban, suburban and rural areas to properties of all sizes - from schools and commercial buildings to hospitals, data centers, manufacturing plants and airports.
High School or GED
Human Resources, Operations
Job Type/ FLSA Status
Responsible for assisting the Director of Food and Nutrition Services in giving direction, motivation and guidance to the Food and Nutrition Services Department to accomplish established standards to meet or exceed customer satisfaction. Position represents ABM Healthcare Support Services in its highest degree.
- Actualizes ABM Healthcare Support Services Mission, Vision and Value statements.
- Maintains professional behavior consistent with role as well as composure in difficult interpersonal situations.
- Knows who all their customers are and initiatives and maintains positive relationships with them; promotes a customer service mindset at all times with both internal and external customers. Responds to all requests from customers with a can do attitude. Follows up on requests with a sense of urgency.
- Initiates and maintains positive relationships with administrative leadership and internal department directors and staff in an effort to build a strong, cohesive team.
- Develops, facilitates, and monitors the process for customer service improvement initiatives and suggest new methods that lead to better service.
- Completes all required ABM Healthcare Support Services weekly and monthly reports in a timely manner; presenting information to be submitted in a neat and professional format.
- Monitors training programs to ensure compliance and completion within given time frames; conducts in-service training as required.
- Follows Universal Precautions/Infection Control Procedures.
- Demonstrates understanding of and complies with HIPPA Privacy Act; maintains confidentiality of patient information.
- Is a proactive member of the leadership team of the Food & Nutrition or Dining Services department.
- Regularly attends department management team meetings taking an active role in the decision making processes of the department.
- Develops/coaches production and retail associates to ensure fullest potential is reached; trains and monitors performance. Assists in the evaluation of competency of production and retail staff. Conducts performance evaluations; maintains staff files.
- Reports all pertinent feedback to Food and Nutrition/Dining Services Director in a timely manner
- Views everything with a process improvement mindset.
- Leads the department in the absence of the Director.
- Responsible for the implementation of established department procedures and programs that meet goals and ensure a clean and safe environment.
- Responsible for ordering and use of all supplies and equipment within kitchen, staying within budget.
- Monitors production, sanitation and safety; identifies problems and directs staff to take corrective action to resolve and prevent future occurrences.
- Develops and implements cleaning schedules, completes sanitation inspections and develops reports for Food and Nutrition/Dining Services Director.
Develops production staff schedules within budgeted master schedule. Monitors staffing daily, ensuring all positions are filled; moves staff/adjusts schedules as needed to maintain service.
- Ensures temperature records are maintained per policy and procedure for food, coolers/freezers, dish machine and pot and pan sanitizing solution log.
- Demonstrates ability to complete all cook/prep positions job tasks and work in absence of staff to maintain services if needed.
- Teaches production staff basic techniques as well as advanced cooking techniques as required; ensures that all food - patient, retail, catering - meets ABM Healthcare Support standards.
- Is aware of all procedures, Human Resources agreements, or employee personnel manuals and meets all established agency requirements.
- Plans menu for and executes display cooking on a pre-established schedule.
- Conducts quality service audits and sanitation checklists to ensure quality and satisfaction levels are meeting and or exceeding expectations.
- Resolves operational problems and looks for opportunities to improve operations.
- Maintains an up to date food item and recipe file and trains all production staff in its use.
- Ensures work assignments, daily and weekly work schedules meet department and facility needs.
- Assists Director in ensuring all ABM Healthcare Support Systems are in place.
- Assists with and promotes departmental TQM/Customer Service Initiatives.
- Implements disciplinary process in accordance to hospital standards.
- Maintains a safe work environment for all internal and external customers.
- Works with suppliers to evaluate new products and ensure best value products are purchased.
- Supervises and coordinates catered functions. May prepare special items.
- Ensures all food passes quality and taste tests, is served in an attractive manner, and that temperatures are maintained throughout service.
- Ensures that foods are properly stored following HACCP standards; consistently monitors leftovers and plans for storage and use.
- Ensures that portion control is used and maintained in all service areas.
- Maintains all retail standards including food quality, presentation, variety and temperatures.
- Ensures that all retail staff offer outstanding customer service and that retail standards are in place.
- Maintains and improves standards of sanitation, safety and security. Ensures regulatory standards are met on a daily basis.
- Instructs and demonstrate to employees the use, care and maintenance of equipment. Reports equipment failure and documents corrective action.
- Participates in facility community service events or does volunteer work in community.
- Completes duties as assigned by Food and Nutrition/Dining Services Director.
- Able to respond to emergencies at both night time and on weekends as required.
- Able to handle varying workloads and meet changing deadlines as necessary.
- Remains current concerning sanitation guidelines.
- Practices up-to-date cooking techniques and implements in the department.
- Knowledge on the use of a personal computer in a Windows environment.
- Knowledge of Word Processing, Spreadsheets, and other assorted business software.
- Able to accurately review and process data and attend to detail.
- Able to establish priorities, work independently, and to accomplish objectives without supervision.
- Able to handle and resolve problems.
- Verbal and interpersonal skills necessary to interact effectively with co-workers and vendors.
- Works in a team environment interacting with a variety of departments.
- Establishes and maintains cooperative working relationships; treats others courteously and with respect.
- Able to communicate effectively in both written and verbal formats.
- Able to work effectively within union contract.
- Possesses excellent customer service skills.
- May be required to travel via automobile to meetings and facility related functions.
- Daily exposure to various healthcare related illnesses normally associates within a healthcare environment.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- Culinary Certification or Associates Degree preferred.
- CDM credential preferred; or obtain CDM credentials within one year of hire.
- Chef/Supervisory role of 3 years in addition to 5 years cooking in quantity foods/healthcare environment.
- Completion of ServSafe® Sanitation Certification Course.
Shreveport, LA 71101 US (Primary)
ABM is an EOE (M/F/Vet/Disability/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation)
California Consumers Notice http://www.abm.com/californiaprivacy