Electronic Technician is responsible for supporting Traffic Surveillance test activities on both new and existing avionics Transponder products. Primary duties will include setting up, conducting, and documenting various tests, generating results via desired reporting as directed. The right candidate should be able to:
Electronic Technician under limited supervision, performs a variety of highly technical, moderately complex tasks which require a substantial understanding of all technical objectives.
• Performs as member of a technical team utilizing effective communication skills.
• Actively participates in team decision making.
• Utilizes normal and complex test or diagnostic equipment.
• Uses software tools for data analysis and reporting.
• Understands technical resources available to assist in performance of duties.
• Conducts engineering tests and detailed experimental testing to collect and analyze design data or otherwise assist in general research and development work.
• Works from limited documentation, schematics, diagrams, notes, prints and layouts.
• Applies electronic theory to configure, model, layout, build, test, troubleshoot, determine solutions and modify electronic product for engineering efforts applicable to the department or program charter.
• Analysis - Demonstrates the ability to provide a general analysis of a problem or situation.
• Cooperation - Recognizes that individual goals contribute toward accomplishing team outcomes.
• Customer Service Orientation - Generally applies fundamental service techniques and adheres to proper customer procedures when interacting with customers.
• Dependability - Demonstrates the ability to follow through with work assignments and support management's policies and procedures.
• Follow-up - Demonstrates the expected level of follow through with internal or external customers.
• Listening - Exhibits good listening skills and identifies verbal and non-verbal situations fairly well.
• Relationships - Displays a compassionate attitude toward the needs of others.
• Time Management - Maintains a daily to-do list which helps to prioritize schedule.
The ideal candidate would possess the following skills and experience:
-Some rudimentary experience in Transponder systems
-Basic RF knowledge
-Basic digital circuit knowledge
-Proficiency in the use of spectrum analyzers, multi-meters and oscilloscopes, network analyzers, signal generators, frequency counters, power measurement equipment, and special avionics test equipment to support testing
-Will perform/monitor tests and work with engineers
-Must be proficient in the use of MS Office products to include Word and Excel in order to document & analyze electronic/mechanical testing procedures and results.
-Must be able to utilize automated test software
-Must be able to follow detailed procedures but also work with limited direction when necessary.
-Must have good organizational skills and the ability to multitask and set priorities as necessary.
-Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
-Must be a self-starter and exhibit excellent attention to detail.
-Experience reviewing and revising technical procedures.
-Experience troubleshooting electronic assemblies to the component level
HS Diploma/Equivalent plus at least 2 years of experience.